Mayo Aviation is searching for a motivated individual to fill our Gulfstream 500 Crew Chief position in beautiful Ft. Collins, Colorado!
You will be dedicated to this Gulfstream and owner account. The account is Part 91 only so while you are the primary maintenance support, the aircraft averages anywhere from 10 to 30 hours per month with longer trip legs. This account is supportive and values positivity, environmental responsibility and utilizing aviation as a tool for their initiatives.
The Crew Chief is responsible for planning and oversight of all 14 CFR Part 91 maintenance activities on assigned aircraft to ensure that they are maintained in accordance with all regulatory requirements and company policies.
He or she is an essential member of a talented service delivery team who ensures the assigned aircraft is meticulously managed including maintenance, record keeping, detailing, and is safe for flight. The Crew Chief must be detail oriented, have excellent communications skills, and the ability to defer tasks to others when focusing on the airplane.
Perform vitally important work, earn great pay, and have time off to pursue your passions outside of work! If that sounds ideal, you might be a great fit with Mayo Aviation as a G500 Crew Chief. The time you spend working matters, and you will be highly valued for it.
Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, Mayo Aviation is a national aircraft management, charter service, and maintenance provider. Since 1978, aircraft owners have trusted Mayo Aviation, a Priester Aviation company, to effectively manage their assets and aviation services with industry-leading transparency. Mayo Aviation and Flight for Life Colorado have enjoyed a long-standing relationship serving the people in the Rocky Mountain West for over 41 years. Mayo Aviation is focused on delivering an exceptional ownership and travel experience for our clients.
Mayo recognizes that to deliver this experience, we need to build strong relationships with not only the aircraft owner, but also the support personnel including flight crew, maintenance, flight logistics, and others. Mayo Aviation’s pioneering approach to relationship building and transparency has been the foundation for long-term success. This success is seen in safe, efficient aircraft operations and a comfortable work environment.
What you can expect from us:
- Ability to be a valued and cared-for team member who is more than a number and whose voice is heard.
- Support for your professional development.
- Very generous compensation: $150,000 – $180,000 plus annual bonus provided by aircraft owner.
- Comprehensive benefits, including affordable medical, dental, & vision insurance within the first 30 days; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account; 100% Company-paid Life, Short Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance; 401K plan participation within the first 30 days; Unlimited Paid Time Off; Corporate Dash Pass; Free Rocket Lawyer Subscription; and more!
- Unlimited Time Off
What we will expect from you:
- Perform inspection, troubleshooting and repair of aircraft to meet company, FAA, and client standards
- Coordinate and supervise all maintenance performed on assigned aircraft at home base and away from base
- Assist Director of Maintenance with maintenance control functions on aircraft fleet
- Perform proper aircraft return to service procedures
- Monitor maintenance status reports and develop work packages to maintain aircraft in accordance with the approved inspection programs
- Obtain maintenance quotes from vendors for all maintenance work performed
- Ensure proper use of the Minimum Equipment List by authorizing MEL/CDL/NEF items and monitoring deferrals for timely closure
- Ensure that all Airworthiness Directives and Mandatory Service Bulletins are reviewed and addressed appropriately
- Communicate timely and accurate aircraft status information to client, lead pilots, and flight control personnel
- Ensure that all necessary documents pertaining to the release of an aircraft from a maintenance visit have been properly completed prior to flight
- Ensure that airframe, engine, and propeller maintenance records are accurately completed and appropriately maintained
- Develop monthly expense reports and budget information related to assigned aircraft maintenance
- Ensure that personnel performing maintenance on assigned aircraft are appropriately qualified and are covered by an FAA drug and alcohol program
- Assist Director of Maintenance with vendor auditing functions
- Coordinate with Director of Maintenance to authorize flights within maintenance grace periods
- Update Avtrak/CAMP/CMP/FLEX tracking systems as maintenance is performed on the aircraft
- Negotiate Invoices with various vendors to minimize maintenance costs
- Maintain working relationship with manufacturer technical representatives, Avtrak/CAMP/CMP analysts, and product support specialists
- Coordinate aircraft cleaning on a regular schedule with Line Service and other vendors
- Maintain availability by cell phone after hours to help resolve maintenance issues as necessary
- Keep the aircraft in flight ready status except when scheduled in for maintenance
- Will be required to be available via phone and/or email while off duty on a rotating basis
- Performs miscellaneous work as assigned
- Performs Inspector functions as assigned
- Initiates service and part requests as required
- Monitors security of hangar and visitor activity while on shift
- Cooperate in conduct with the Safety Management System and be instrumental with corrective action plans and preventative measures
- Ability to set priorities, communicate objectives, and meet customer deadlines
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to reassign work tasks based on changing maintenance priorities and client requests
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and components
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 135 regulations
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs
Education or Formal Training:
- Associates degree in Aviation Maintenance or a similar subject, or 10-20 years of equivalent work experience is required
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate is required
- G500/600 experience strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of Maintenance Controller experience is preferred
- Previous FAA Part 135, Part 121, or Part 145 experience preferred
- Avtrak/CAMP/CMP/FOS tracking software experience preferred
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Note: This position is covered by the Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program required by Federal Aviation Regulations
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.