Mayo Aviation is growing! We are searching for a motivated individual to fill our Lead Maintenance Technician role in Wheeling, IL (PWK).
The Lead Maintenance Technician – PWK is responsible for conducting aircraft maintenance activities to ensure the safe and efficient operation of aircraft. This role involves coordinating work schedules, prioritizing tasks, and operations at PWK- Wheeling, IL, to ensure quality maintenance is performed. The Lead Maintenance Technician plays a crucial role in maintaining aircraft airworthiness and ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
Perform vitally important work, earn great pay, and have plenty of time to pursue your passions outside of work! If that sounds ideal, you might be a great fit with Mayo Aviation as a Lead Maintenance Technician. The time you spend working matters, and you will be highly valued for it.
Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, Mayo Aviation is a national aircraft management, maintenance, and charter service provider. Since 1978, aircraft owners have trusted Mayo Aviation, a Priester Aviation company, to effectively manage their assets and aviation services with industry-leading transparency. Mayo Aviation and Flight for Life Colorado have enjoyed a long-standing relationship serving the people in the Rocky Mountain West for over 41 years. Mayo Aviation is focused on delivering an exceptional ownership and travel experience for our clients.
Mayo recognizes that to deliver this experience, we need to build strong relationships with not only the aircraft owner but also the support personnel, including flight crew, maintenance, flight logistics, and others. Mayo Aviation’s pioneering approach to relationship building and transparency has been the foundation for long-term success. This success is seen in safe, efficient aircraft operations and a comfortable work environment.
What you can expect from us:
Ability to be a valued and cared-for team member who is more than a number and whose voice is heard.
Support for your Professional Development, career growth, and advancement.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including affordable medical, dental, & vision insurance within the first 30 days; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account; 100% Company-paid Life, Short Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance; 401K plan participation within the first 30 days; Unlimited Paid Time Off; Corporate Dash Pass; Free Rocket Lawyer Subscription; and more!
What we’ll expect from you and what you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with the QA Manager and Director of Maintenance to estimate required hours and provide work updates.
- Participate in daily production meetings with Mayo Aviation and Priester Aviation to schedule and allocate projects.
- Perform scheduled maintenance tasks assigned.
- Prioritize workload for the required maintenance of Priester fleet.
- Perform urgent maintenance tasks (Aircraft on Ground – AOG) as necessary.
- Take responsibility for completing maintenance activities and returning aircraft to service.
- Coordinate and support all other departments within the Company.
- Inspect all incoming parts and promptly process any cores or returned parts that need to be sent back.
- Monitor lead times and turnaround times to meet or adjust schedules.
- Interpret manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and specifications to determine the feasibility and approach for repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Provide guidance and instruction to team members regarding technical orders, checklists, and handling hazardous materials.
- Ensure accurate documentation of maintenance activities on work orders using Corridor software, along with associated quality documentation and binders.
- Maintain a clean and orderly service hangar.
- Properly identify and segregate non-conforming articles from serviceable articles.
- Ensure proper handling of all parts during the repair process and upon completion.
- Accurately complete all required maintenance records.
- Collaborate with the Safety Management System, contributing to corrective action plans and preventative measures.
- Uphold the highest level of production standards and comply with CFR regulations.
- Minimum 5+ years of aviation experience maintaining corporate/commercial Part 135 or Part 121 aircraft.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Lead or Supervisor.
- Experience managing or supervising an independent maintenance hangar.
- Specialization in one or more areas: engine, airframes, or electrical repair. Cessna, Gulfstream, Hawker, Embraer, & Nextant.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures, and component replacement.
- Proficiency in aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair, including the ability to assess airworthiness.
- Ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers.
- Fluent in English and possess basic industry computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capable of working independently.
Education or Formal Training:
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate required.
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge and Other Requirements:
- Previous experience with FAA Part 135, Part 121, or Part 145.
- Preferred experience with CAMP/CMP tracking software.
- Proficiency in using Corridor software.
- Must have basic personal hand tools.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
- Ability to work in and around an aviation hangar, adhering to airport rules, including ramp and aircraft movement areas.
- Working environment may include moving mechanical parts, equipment, and exposure to various chemicals and fumes.
- Occasionally to frequent lifting, pushing, or pulling objects weighing over 25 to 100 pounds.
- Frequent continuous standing, reaching, and stooping.
- May require entering confined spaces.
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Wheeling, IL (PWK)
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. All positions are subject to a background check and drug test. Mayo Aviation Inc. is an EEOC employer.