We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Priester Aviation is currently searching for a full-time Citation XLS+ Flight Department Manager based in Wheeling, IL (PWK) that will operate approximately 450 hours per year with a schedule rotation of 2 weeks’ on and 1 week off. The ideal candidate is one who is engaging, cooperative and a dynamic team member, that aims to support the needs of the aircraft owner. This individual will need to possess a strong focus on safety combined with a can-do approach which is essential for success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with Priester Aviation policies and procedures
- Ensures flight operations comply with all applicable regulations and aircraft operations adhere to appropriate operating manuals
- Provide professional and friendly interpersonal interactions with the Owner/Client as well as vendor/support personnel. This includes personal appearance, service-based conduct, and solutions-based decision-making.
- Actively engages in the Safety Management System (SMS) and is familiar with SMS process and initiatives
- Continually seek added efficiencies for flight operations and the flight department
- Objectively seeks and communicates with Priester Leadership suggested system and process improvement that may be advantageous to the aircraft owner and Priester Aviation
- Ensures correct communication of flight schedule and any updates with Flight Services.
- Work to identify operational or flight department issues and communicate those to Team Leader
- Promote the integrity, reputation, and good standing of Priester Aviation amongst industry stakeholders, and enhance the image and goodwill of Priester
This is an exempt position which requires flexibility to meet the demands of business.
- Citation XLS+ Experience Preferred
- Total Time = 3,000 hours
- PIC = 1,500 hours
- ATP Preferred
- 500 Turbine
- Time in type Preferred
- First class medical
- Must be located or willing to relocate within 2 hours of Wheeling Area
- Previous 135 Operations Experience – Preferred
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Position: Citation XLS+ Flight Department Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Wheeling, IL