Imagine spending your days in the gorgeous Rocky Mountains, flying to fun and interesting destinations. And imagine doing that while working on a fun and unique, two-pilot account with generous paid time off.
If that sounds ideal, you might be a great fit for Mayo Aviation as a Citation CJ3 Captain. As a CJ3 Captain, you will fly with a talented, highly professional Lead Pilot. The time you spend working matters, and you’ll be appreciated and valued.
Mayo Aviation has provided private chartered jets since 1978, with locations in Centennial and Aspen, Colorado. With convenient locations, this allows our customers to not worry about flight delays, poor customer service, waiting in long lines or being cramped on an aircraft. Mayo Aviation guarantees the highest level of customer satisfaction in the industry. We also provide a broad range of fleet options to meet any customers’ needs, whether that is for a business trip or family vacation. Our aircraft offer luxury and comfort that cannot be matched.
What you can expect from us:
- Ability to be a valued and cared-for team member who is more than a number and whose voice is heard.
- Support for your Professional Development, career growth, and advancement.
- Support and time off to pursue your interests outside of aviation
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including affordable medical, dental, & vision insurance within the first 30 days; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account; 100% Company-paid Life, Short Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance; 401K plan participation within the first 30 days; Unlimited Time Off; Corporate Dash Pass; Free Rocket Lawyer Subscription; and more!
What we’ll expect from you and what you’ll be doing:
- Providing the ultimate safety and customer service experience for the aircraft owner and passengers.
- The Citation CJ3 Captain, as PIC, is the final authority for the safe operation of the aircraft.
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with the FAA regulations, Company Flight Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, LOAs, Flight Manuals, etc., and other instructions pertinent to the position
- Familiarity with all available information required for safe operation of each flight to which assigned
- Conduct pre-flight planning and post-flight procedures including, but not limited to, weather analysis, airport suitability, routing, aircraft loading and performance calculations, aircraft airworthiness determination, etc.
- Utilize CRM skills to maintain a high degree of crew coordination, performing duties in a professional, efficient, and cordial manner.
- Promote and foster a safe operating environment, proactively contributing to Mayo Aviation’s Safety Management System
- CE525B type rating preferred
- Authorization to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Hold a valid U.S. passport.
- Strong working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations
- Maintenance of First-Class Medical Certificate, as well as Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- 3000 hours of total flight experience
- 1000 turbine time
- Impeccable safety record required.
- Mountain experience preferred
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to relocate within 1 hour of Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE)
Compensation range of $125,000 to $150,000, plus generous benefits.
Working conditions are those of a typical flight operation. The working environment is subject to varying locations and climatic conditions, variable hours and time zone changes, jet fuel and exhaust fumes, and noise from aircraft and ground equipment.
Note:Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. All positions are subject to a background check and drug test. Mayo Aviation Inc. is an EEOC employer.
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Aspen, CO