COVID-19 Safety Page
Travel looks a bit different these days and we are here for you every step of the way. Safety and cleanliness have always been hallmarks of private aircraft and Mayo Aviation keeps these at the forefront of your travel experience.
What should you expect?
- Distancing. Private travel helps you avoid confined terminals and gate boarding process.
- Wherever possible let Mayo Aviation arrange secure ground transportation. In most instances we can deliver you to and take you from the steps of your airplane ramp side.
- Personal protection. Masks are required when you travel through an FBO and on board all commercial aircraft. Your flight crew will also be observing increased personal practices of mask and glove wearing wherever it does not affect the safety of flight. Hand sanitizers are stocked on board.
- Screening. All of our passengers will fill out a required attestation form before flight and temperatures are checked during the boarding process.
- Your flight crews will observe increased distance in flight, wherever possible. This also includes our selection of catering companies committed to serving meals prepared under CDC guidelines.
- Disinfection. Aircraft are regularly cleaned between flights both with a fogging process as well as with surface decontamination wipe downs throughout the airplane.
Mayo Safety Check
Well before COVID-19, Mayo Aviation had been running a Safety Management System (SMS) that prepared our organization to quickly adapt to the changing travel landscape. Our SMS, utilized across the organization and not just in our Air Ambulance operations, is a thoughtful process driven decision making tool that keeps everyone focused on safety.
In response to COVID-19 we have reviewed all points through the booking and travel process to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our customers and employees. Our Safety Check incorporates FAA, CDC, DOT and local health department guidelines as well as our own 41 plus years of operating experience. We believe this puts Mayo Aviation at the front of the line with our daily quality management and brings you with us for your own peace of mind.
Where can I read more about airplane travel safety during COVID?
Airplane travel is as safe or substantially safer than the routine activities of eating out or grocery shopping, according to research released from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Many of the airplanes operated for private travel provide cabin air refresh rates substantially higher than that of a large commercial passenger airplane.
According to the most recent study conducted by the United States Department of Defense, mask wearing, combined with cabin air refresh rates, results in a very low risk of virus exposure. This study was completed on large cabin commercial airplanes where there was substantially less space between passengers than what is likely on your next charter flight.